Friday, January 11, 2013

Pregnancy these past 19 weeks!

I have to say that I feel incredibly blessed to have had what I would consider a relatively easy pregnancy so far. Looking back to the beginning, I should have realized that something was awry because I was getting crampy during runs which normally didn't happen and my "ladies" were sore for a constant 3 weeks, also not the norm. I was lucky enough to not have any morning sickness, which I think I inherited from my mom who also didn't have any! I was quite fatigued and took frequent naps, but this is normal for the first few months. I also noticed that I had (and still have) a heightened gag reflex, which caught me off-guard a few times, but I've figured out how to control it. I think my biggest complaints for the first 3 1/2 months were that my appetite was totally off, Hello Carbs, Goodbye Veggies; and that i was waking up often at night (baby sitting on the bladder syndrome!). I feel bad for Mark because most of our dinners the first 3 months were Mac & Cheese or Baked Potatoes. Occasionally I would make something with chicken, but veggies were pretty much non existent. Once Thanksgiving rolled around, I felt like my appetite got a bit better, but it was really just before Christmas that veggies started sounding good again and we've started eating meals that we cooked before, so that makes me feel better!
I've also noticed these last few weeks that my energy levels are back up, which I knew would happen and was kind of waiting for, because some days I was tired of feeling tired! I've been exercising more these last few weeks, incorporating walking instead of running, a weights class at the gym 2 days a week, dancing on the xbox and prenatal yoga. I am feeling really good and am thankful that I am able to stay fit during this pregnancy.
It's hard to believe that we are already 19 weeks into pregnancy (almost 1/2 way)!! I feel blessed to have been feeling so good and am really now starting to have to wear maternity clothes. I did buy some pants right before Thanksgiving, but then figured out I could still wear my jeans with a belly band, which helped prolong the non-maternity clothes wearing! I am happy to report that I now have a small "baby bump" and its starting to actually look like a bump and not just too many cookies over the holidays.
Here is a picture we took on Wed (1/9/13) night. We were a little late with this pic, b/c we were 19 weeks on Thursday, but better late than never! We have been taking regular pics, but just added the sign to the pictures the last few weeks. I'll be sure to post updated "bump" pictures as we continue on this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment